Wednesday 23 May 2007

Wednesday 23rd May - Gales, and a hard drive




Pic 1: First Mongolian Tarmac. Pic 2: A real explorer. Pic 3: At 6,100ft.
A howling gale blew all night - I hardly slept and was convinced the tent was going to take off. Then my tent blew away because I got out of it! Will try to buy a new one in Ulaan Baatar.

Morning: Hope to arrive at UB tonight. Set off into sand storm - finally on tarmac after 3.5 days. 36 miles this morning, with 150 to do this afternoon. I can't believe we've been on the road for only just over a week. It seems much longer.

6pm: Arrived at Ulaan Baatar after a hard 11 hours driving. Kip seems worried about doing more off road for the remainder of Mongolia. Scheduled to have a couple of days here now to re-stock and take stock.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done. Now you're ready for anything.

T

Bertie Wooster said...

Hello Annabel my name is Bertie and I rather fancy you with your windswept features anyone for a snorkle of Gin? chin chin!